Our client in the Manufacturing industry is currently looking to employ a Shipping Coordinator based in Port Elizabeth.
A wonderful career opportunity awaits you.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in shipping and logistics in a manufacturing environment, of which: Up to 3 years should be at Supervisory level.
- Diploma in Logistics or Warehouse Management or related field (minimum).
- Degree in Logistics (advantageous).
- Computer Literacy (MS Office Suite)
- SAP, ERP Systems, and job-specific software systems.
- Knowledge of relevant Business Processes.
- Knowledge of relevant Production and Logistics Processes and Practices.
Responsibilities and expectations but not limited to:
Shipping operations and administration:
- Develops and executes the Shipping plan.
- Aligns agreements and improvement projects with Planning and Logistics plan and strategy, budget, and applicable legislation.
- Plans and organises with Transporters service providers, the resources (vehicles) required to load and transport product.
- Plans loads towards maximising the optimal utilisation of deck-space and load-mass of vehicles.
- Plans all shipments in accordance with customer requirements (distribution instructions, STO’s and specific allocations).
- Coordinates and maintains integrity of Goods in Transit.
- Supplies OEM customers in line with required JIT and Kan-ban protocol, as and where applicable.
- Manage the process of invoicing as well as preparation of all documentation for products shipped.
- Execute all export related administration as per governing rules and regulations and legislation, applicable to various Incoterms, Customers and Countries shipped to.
- Daily capturing and processing of data, as well as assistance in any administrative matters when needed.
- Manage the loading of all trucks and containers as per SOP’s.
- Formulizes and implements policies and procedures towards the process of continuously improving the Warehouse and Shipping Department operations.
- Co-ordinates and directs methods and systems to ensure maximum security is maintained in the warehouse and despatch areas to minimize damage or loss on route.
- Co-ordinate and ensure accuracy of receipt of product into Shipping Department as well as posting of transactions to SAP timeously.
- Executes the process of confirmation of all finished product and receipt into Finished Goods.
- Controls inventory accuracy through cycle and month-end counts.
- Maintains FIFO on selected products.
- Ensures product, materials, and equipment preservation.
- Conducts inspections, audits, and maintains related / relevant administration.
- Monitors inventories and implement appropriate action to rotate / manage redundant or slow-moving stock, prevent obsolescence.
- Investigates incidents of poor inventory accuracy and stock-outs, formulizes, and implements corrective and preventative action.
- Coordinates storage and transport to / from off-site storage of materials (when applicable), and related costs.
- Ensures effective preservation and maintenance of buildings, tools, and other facilities always.
- Participate in all training with objective to upgrade working skills, develop methods and systems as well as keeping abreast with developing technologies in the Inventory Control field.
- Operates within controls and procedures to ensure the integrity of the company.
- Identifies and monitors risks within own department and area of responsibility.
- Assists in the maintenance of a risk register, report discrepancies or areas of concern to management.
- Ensures compliance with all relevant regulations and policy frameworks to prevent fruitless, wasteful, and irregular expenditure.
- Update and maintain SOP’s and safety practices on an ongoing basis and ensure staff duties are fulfilled as prescribed by OSH Act standards.
- Ensure staff adheres to / complies with the necessary SHEQ policies and SOP’s.
- Continuously strives to maintain and reduce blood lead levels toward minimizing risk within hazardous environment, aligned with set Health and Safety standards and requirements.
- Customer service management:
- Maintains effective working relationships with customers (both internal and external) towards rendering highest quality of services.
- Represents the company in meetings with relevant stakeholders.
- Identifies and solves problems creatively whilst demonstrating a high level of integrity in line with the company core values.
- Reports to Management on internal stakeholder related matters.
- Maintains relationships in accordance with policies, procedures and legal, as well as stakeholder management system requirements.
- Ensures that all employees have signed performance agreements.
- Monitors and measures performance quarterly by conducting employee appraisals.
- In collaboration with HR, identify staff performance objectives, potential areas of development and action plans where necessary.
- Ensures ongoing training and development of employees.
- Addresses employee relations matters fairly and promptly.
Cost and Financial control:
- Contributes to the budget preparation process.
- Promotes and communicates the effective, efficient, economical, and transparent use of financial and other resources.
- Ensures overtime remains within budgetary- and authority limits.
- Approves purchases in line with company authorization levels.
Please note should you not receive a response within two weeks of applying you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.